Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

"The Last Emperor" Personal Style






Please take a moment and and view this movie if you haven't already. I, at first, thought "what more can I learn about a subject which consumes me?"... a lot, as I quickly found out.

What I took away from this movie was that all designers create visions for others but also have a vision for themselves. Valentino's personal style was impeccable! Watch closely his personal, private, casual moments in this film and take in his attire. He was innovative; and self assured. In one scene he was layering three shirts effortlessly with applomb. I feel like the young writer who would dare to cook a recipe from Julia Child's volume each day.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to carry myself like Valentino, daily. Thank you "Rowthree.com" for carrying the casual photo of the Emperor at top.

1 comment:

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

gorgeou post...Valentino is great