Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Takers Clothing...please!

Rodney Dangerfield wanted is Wife gone with a variation of that line, but if I could take the Clothing from this movie, I would be set.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and loved the fashions presented in the movie, “Takers.” The film was both an action and attraction movie somewhat following in the bloodline of my favorite “Bond” genre. I think of Bond being its own class of film but Takers comes close and is a must see.

Speaking of the clothing, Idris Elba, T.I., Michael Ealy showcased Gucci, Versace, all of whom made a strong showing in this movie. Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen, modeled a few Dolce Gabbana pieces and, John Varvatos had the perfect mannequin in the personage of Chris Brown.

One very elegant scene had Elba in the lead with a form fitting white Gucci peaked lapelled jacket and black undertow. The movie actually had me fantasizing about a couple of the pieces. This is one runway show I may have to see again.