Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little Sweet Tee?



Nothing like a little sweet tee to keep you cool and collected.

I should've told you I'd be gone for a moment to the South but it came upon me suddenly and I had no time to alert everyone of my trip. As always, the issue when you are going away is, "what to pack?" The country is experiencing so many small microclimates that you must have layers to accommodate the differences.
Today I would like to consider the tee as both casual and dressier piece to accentuate a day to night outfit. I find this relevant, because I found the greatest tee shirt and cotton vee neck sweater combo at the recent Saks sale.
Tees are an easy item to through on when the right collared shirt is not in your wardrobe or at the cleaners. But, having the right tee that will go from brunch to dinner with equal aplomb, can be a chore to find. Style-wise, tees can be Henley, Crew, or Vee Neck and will come in many different fabrics. I tend to stay simple with a crew neck but also note the crew neck can be high or have a lower scoop to the collar bone. My favorite is cotton or cotton/silk blend. The sheen and color of the material is what separates the rich from the chaff when I am choosing that perfect tee. Brioni, Kiton, Polo, Dries Van Noten, Brunello Cucinelli and Lacoste all make fashion tees. Look for great vibrant colors and choice fabric and you will never go wrong.







Thanks to http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com; http://www.ehaberdasher.com and http://www.shopthefinest.com/
for these great photos of some great tees!!!

No comments: