Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Open, Open, Open

While impatiently awaiting the Barney's Warehouse Sale doors to open (or any sale doors for that matter) my mind reflects back on that commercial where a women is peering through the plane glass of a store chanting the words above.


I have been so distracted with my day job and child that I have been somewhat catatonic with thoughts colliding into each other inside my head. But I wouldn't be me without a good deal of those thoughts being related to my appearance and next purchase. With my blog thought and personal needs at issue I have been pondering what is a building block item that I need? What would be most versatile and what would get the most wear? For me the big 3 are pants, shirts, and sweaters. But this time around, Sweaters seem to stick in my mind.

So, what kind of sweater...heavy, light, cotton, wool, blend, zips, buttons, v neck, crew, cardigan...oh my?! All sections of the country have their own micro-climate and one should choose accordingly. Style must always be a consideration but that’s where I find the general knitwear scene to be lacking.

Personally speaking, I believe sweaters have not been up to par over the past 10 years. Coogi became crass, Missioni became common place, and for a while no one had really stepped up to carry the banner. IMHO the current sweaters are Italian or British or Scottish. Names that come to mind are Avon Celli, Borrelli, Brunello Cucinelli, Malo, Loro Piana, Bamford, and Pringle.



No comments: