Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Layer Right..Start Tight

Please forgive me for jumping around with my focus. I resumed my posting ways by adopting the idea that I would start at the body and work my way outward. Let's just say this post focuses closer to the body than not.

Undershirts, briefs, boxers, which ones do you wear? Yes, you should wear underwear always, IMHO. Personally, I like to sense that my clothing looks like it feels and feels like it looks. So, starting with loose, clumsy, underwear sets the stage for a very uncomfortable and disheveled appearance. As goes my appearance, so goes my day.
There is a currently running Hanes commercial that pokes fun at a gent’s loosely fitting t-shirt collar. I would go a few steps further with wondering if the undershirt is too long, too short, bunches at the waist, do the briefs bind or boxers ride up, do they make impressions on the lay of the pant? All are important issues for feeling and thereby looking your best.
For me, I lean toward a V neck shirt and trunk with "push up" effect offered by Ermenegildo Zegna. I like the way the material and make fits snugly to my body and stays where its put. The underwear never fights with my extra slim fit shirt or my low waisted 9.25 inch rise trousers. There are many makers leaning toward this fit; Armani, Versace and Hanro to name a few. Just take this as a suggestion...kinda like I suggest you pull the ripcord to your parachute! Ciao.



No comments: