Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

What Would Bond Wear?

You know...Bond...James Bond.  I don't know how many of you have viewed my profile but if you do, you will see that I like almost all things "Bond."  I genuinely love the clothing Bond wears in his movies.  This new Bond is outfitted in smart and sharp ensembles that fit both his physique and his various sorroundings.  I also like the way he is not dusted off and re-clothed in each scene.  He is more like the rest of us who have to fight and dine in the same outfit.  Often times, I find that I ask myself, "What would Bond wear?" on a particular occassion.  Being that it is Summer, I was able to take tips from his last movie, "Quantum of Solace."  Particularly, his attire in this movie allowed me to lose my fear of wearing black or dark colors in the heat of the Summer.  I also, learned that one can couple a cableknit with light tee shirt between Memorial and Labor Days. 




















Of particular note, with the new Bond is his use of simple but elegant clothing pieces which should form a basis for anyone's wardrobe.  The Polo, The Tee, and Cableknit Cardigan are indespensible items that if kept plain and simple can be interchanged to create numerous combinations. 

My suggestions are: Sunspel polos and tees, and "pick your own" label cardigan.  Ralph Lauren, Vince, Bennetton, and Brooks Brothers make nice shawl collared cardigans and are good starts.
http://www.sunspel.com/mens/polo-shirts
http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2727509

But if you don't know where to begin, go here: http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/

No comments: